How can composite bonding enhance my smile?
If you have chipped or broken teeth, discoloured, worn down or mis-shaped teeth, crooked or gappy teeth, bondings can repair many of these problems.
Bondings use tooth-coloured filling material called composite resin that is bonded to your tooth enamel by your dental professional. The composite is expertly matched to your current tooth shade for repairs or a lighter shade can be used to brighten up the entire front surface of teeth.
If you have broken a front tooth in an accident, a dental bonding can help to repair the lost part of the tooth quickly and easily.
Bondings are a more affordable option to porcelain and can be completed in a single visit.
How Dental Bondings are Performed
Placing a dental bonding can range from thirty minutes up to an hour. Your dentist will create your bonding directly onto your tooth and you will have the final say on how it looks and feels.
- Dental examination – your teeth, gum health and bite are all thoroughly assessed to ensure bondings are the right solution for your individual needs.
- Gum health – inflamed and infected gums can be puffy and bleed which is detrimental to the quality of the final bonding. A thorough dental hygiene visit and allowing the gums to heal may be essential prior to more extensive bonding treatments.
- Smile design – for more advanced cases, your dentist may need to plan your treatment and design your smile, taking many factors into account such as your gum line, your bite, the overall look and shade of your teeth plus an in-depth discussion of your wishes and expectations.
- Bonding visit – in some cases, a local anaesthetic may be required prior to preparing the tooth for bonding. The tooth is cleaned and prepared for bonding. Your dentist will place the bonding material, shaping and smoothing it out and setting it hard with our blue uv light. It is then trimmed and polished to shine.
Before and After Bondings
- Great for correcting minor cosmetic flaws
- Completed in one visit for most cases
- Costs less than porcelain veneers
- Can be adjusted or added to easily
- No interest payment plans available
- Based on your budget
- Pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly over 3 -12 months
- No credit checks, easy and fast applications
- Deposit required to start
To sign up or discuss eligibility, talk to our patient coordinator Lauren
National Dental Plan powered by Humm (T&Cs apply)
MEET DR OMAIRA NOOR
“I love inspiring my patients to improve their oral health. It gives me great joy when they feel their lives has changed for the better because of that!”
Dr Omaira believes in inspiring people to improve their lives. She is driven by her purpose of helping people to provide excellent oral health care.
She has a gentle, caring approach and is very much at ease looking after nervous and anxious patients.
Dr Omaira is an experienced dentist working in Melbourne, Victoria since 2006, performing all aspect of general dentistry including Complex restorations, Crowns , Bridges and Veneers, Root Canal Treatment, Denture Work, Treatment of Periodontal Disease, Teeth Whitening, Extractions including Surgical Extractions with particular interest in Aesthetic Dentistry and Dental Implants.
Omaira attained her Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the University of Dhaka (Bangladesh) in 2003. Since graduating she has continued studying, including having extensive clinical training at the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne through Melbourne University. She completed the Australian Dental Council Examinations in 2006. She regularly attends continuing education to ensure she is providing the most up to date treatments.
Away from the practice, Omaira loves spending time with her family, reading, listing to music, travelling & keeping fit.
MEET DR DAMIEN GOH
“I love being a part of the community, engaging with my patients and helping them improve their lives through better dental health”
Dr Damien joined the MWFS team in 2021 after many years of service in regional Victoria, Sydney and abroad in London. With over 14 years of experience in general and surgical practices, Dr Damien is focused on providing a comfortable experience for all patients young and old. He spends time giving our patients the information they need for their dental care and to improve their oral health.
Dr Damien is experienced with all aspects of general dentistry including root canal therapy to save teeth and also removal of teeth including the surgical removal of wisdom teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry such as veneers, bondings, whitening and ceramic restorations are services Dr Damien is skilled to provide.
Dr Damien is a local resident, living nearby with his wife and young family. He loves spending time with his family, snowboarding, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, anything to do with sport!
What is the difference between bondings and porcelain veneers?
Porcelain or ceramic veneers provide a more long-lasting and superior, natural look. The process for porcelain veneers is more time consuming with additional visits and the veneers are custom-made by our expert labs. The investment is larger, however the final result is superior. Dental bondings do not require as much tooth preparation so more of the natural enamel is saved. Porcelain veneers can also chip but may be more difficult to repair.
Can I claim a rebate or pay off my bonding treatment?
Certainly! MWFS has partnered with HCF and GUH to offer gap free dental* and if you are covered for dental bondings, you will be eligible* for a rebate from your dental fund. We also offer interest free payment plans* from Humm. Ask us to help you check your eligibility. (*T&Cs apply)
How do I look after my new dental bondings?
Bondings can chip or break so avoid biting or chewing on hard objects such as ice, pens, fingernails, metal objects etc. They are susceptible to staining so we advise to cut down on coffee, tea or red wine (or use a straw) and smoking. Keep up to date with your dental exam and hygiene visits so your dentist can examine and polish your bondings. Call us if you notice any problems or the bite feels strange.