Create a beautiful smile with porcelain veneers!
Porcelain veneers can improve the look of one tooth or your whole smile! They are a excellent choice for many people who want to change the colour and shape, straighten and align teeth and replace tooth-coloured bondings for a superior, more natural looking solution.
Specially crafted for your smile
Your dentist along with our lab technicians, are driven to create a beautiful result that you’ll love. Whether it’s one or two veneers or a set of 8-10 to cover all your teeth in your smile-zone, we take the time to ensure your veneers reflect the smile you’re hoping to achieve. Veneers are hand-crafted to complement your facial structure, complexion and stage of life. During the consultation process, you can discuss your wishes and concerns and your dentist will show you what’s possible in your case.
A natural smile
We understand the ‘Hollywood’ style smile is not for everyone. Many patients are looking for a brighter, straighter and a natural looking smile. Porcelain veneers a great solution to improving chipped, discoloured, crooked or gappy teeth. We work with you to design veneers that complement you as well as fix your cosmetic concerns.
The veneer process
Placing dental veneers is a multi-step process:
- Dental examination and consultation – your teeth, gum health and bite are all thoroughly assessed to ensure veneers are the right solution for your individual needs.
- Gum health – inflamed and infected gums can be puffy and bleed which is detrimental to the quality of the veneers. A thorough dental hygiene visit and allowing the gums to heal may be essential prior to preparing the teeth.
- Smile design – for multiple veneers and more advanced cases, your dentist may need to plan your treatment and design your smile, taking many factors into account such as your gum line, your bite, the overall look and shade of your teeth plus an in-depth discussion of your wishes and expectations and what is realistically possible.
- Preparation visit – the teeth are number gently using a local anesthetic. A layer of enamel from the front and side surfaces of the teeth. This feels just like having a filling done. This allows space for the veneer to fit onto your tooth and in your bite. A mould and photos are taken of the prepared teeth which is sent to the lab where the technician will hand craft your veneers. Temporary veneers are placed by your dentist to protect your teeth until the next visit which is usually in 2 weeks time. In some cases, you may be required to visit the technician for a shape and colour match.
- Try In – in some cases, am additional visit is require to test the fit and look of your veneers. This is the perfect opportunity to finesse the look of your veneers before they are permanently bonded in.
- Final visit – your temporary veneers are carefully removed and the tooth is prepared for the bonding process. One last try-in to confirm the veneers fit properly and look great! The veneers are bonded to the tooth and set with the UV blue light. Afterwards, the shape and bite are adjusted and the veneers are given a final polish. Your dentist may arrange a follow up visit in 3-7 days for any other final adjustments.
Before and After Veneers
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Improves the colour, shape and alignment of teeth
- Long-lasting smile enhancement
- Superior results compared to bondings
- Confidence boosting!
- No interest payment plans available
- Based on your budget
- Pay weekly, fortnightly or monthly over 3 -12 months
- No credit checks, easy and fast applications
- Deposit required to start
To sign up or discuss eligibility, talk to our patient coordinator Lauren
National Dental Plan powered by Humm (T&Cs apply)
MEET DR OMAIRA NOOR
“I love inspiring my patients to improve their oral health. It gives me great joy when they feel their lives has changed for the better because of that!”
Dr Omaira believes in inspiring people to improve their lives. She is driven by her purpose of helping people to provide excellent oral health care.
She has a gentle, caring approach and is very much at ease looking after nervous and anxious patients.
Dr Omaira is an experienced dentist working in Melbourne, Victoria since 2006, performing all aspect of general dentistry including Complex restorations, Crowns , Bridges and Veneers, Root Canal Treatment, Denture Work, Treatment of Periodontal Disease, Teeth Whitening, Extractions including Surgical Extractions with particular interest in Aesthetic Dentistry and Dental Implants.
Omaira attained her Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the University of Dhaka (Bangladesh) in 2003. Since graduating she has continued studying, including having extensive clinical training at the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne through Melbourne University. She completed the Australian Dental Council Examinations in 2006. She regularly attends continuing education to ensure she is providing the most up to date treatments.
Away from the practice, Omaira loves spending time with her family, reading, listing to music, travelling & keeping fit.
MEET DR DAMIEN GOH
“I love being a part of the community, engaging with my patients and helping them improve their lives through better dental health”
Dr Damien joined the MWFS team in 2021 after many years of service in regional Victoria, Sydney and abroad in London. With over 14 years of experience in general and surgical practices, Dr Damien is focused on providing a comfortable experience for all patients young and old. He spends time giving our patients the information they need for their dental care and to improve their oral health.
Dr Damien is experienced with all aspects of general dentistry including root canal therapy to save teeth and also removal of teeth including the surgical removal of wisdom teeth.
Cosmetic dentistry such as veneers, bondings, whitening and ceramic restorations are services Dr Damien is skilled to provide.
Dr Damien is a local resident, living nearby with his wife and young family. He loves spending time with his family, snowboarding, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, anything to do with sport!
What's the difference between porcelain veneers and compost bondings?
Porcelain or ceramic veneers provide a more long-lasting and superior, natural look. The process for porcelain veneers is more time consuming with additional visits and the veneers are custom-made by our expert labs. The investment is larger, however the final result is superior. Dental bondings do not require as much tooth preparation so more of the natural enamel is saved. Both are susceptible to chipping, however a porcelain veneer is not as easy to repair simply. Porcelain veneers cost more than bondings because it is a more labour-intensive process and involves using a lab technician to custom make each veneer.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
Take excellent care of your porcelain veneers with good home care including daily flossing, twice yearly dental examinations and hygiene treatment, and they can last decades. Veneers are susceptible to chipping or cracking if you bite on hard objects. You will have to avoid biting or chewing on ice, pens, nails, metal objects etc. If you notice anything strange, schedule a visit with us as soon as possible.
Can I claim or pay off my porcelain veneers?
Certainly! If you are covered for veneers, you will be eligible* for a rebate from your dental fund. We also offer interest free payment plans* from Humm where you pay a portion upfront and pay off the remainder over 3-12 months. Ask us to help you check your eligibility. (*T&Cs apply)